Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mr & Mrs T Bold & Spicy Bloody Mary Mix

The best bloody mary I've ever had was the Bacon Bloody Mary from Zinburger, but that's over an hour drive one way for me. I wanted to re-create a similar taste at home and started trying different bloody mary mixes.

I tried four or five different brands. I don't remember them all, but one of them was Tobasco brand. Some of ones I tried were more expensive. In the end Mr & Mrs T was the only brand I liked. My Girlfriend agreed.

I can't describe why it tastes so much better. It just does. It's a more full bodied flavor. I see it has Chipotle in it, which may be one of the reasons. It doesn't have a lot of little particles floating in it like some other brands. Very smooth. Later on I noticed this brand was acquired by Motts, you know the juice people, so maybe that's one of the reasons to it's taste.

When making a bloody mary at home I have no desire to try any other brands at all. This is the winner for me hands down.

PS - If you're wondering how this re-created a bacon experience for me, I used Bacon Syrup as previously reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment