Thursday, November 17, 2011

Perhaps the best cheese steak I've ever had...


This place serves up Afghan and Indian cuisine. I've been there a few times now and the food was great. I've never eaten there, so I can't comment on the table service, but the inside is clean and bright and the take out was fast and delicious. I am writing this post to talk about my dinner tonight:

PERHAPS THE BEST CHEESE STEAK I'VE EVER HAD! 

I don't normally bold things or make it in big text that often, but this deserved it. I've eaten cheese steaks at a lot of places with a lot of different toppings. This ranks up there among the best of them. I didn't take a picture, but there's one on their website that I'll link later on.

First off, let's start with the meat. It was tender and moist, but not super greasy like something from Philly. The meat was not overcooked and dried out like some places. Let's not start a war.. I love my Philly cheese steak and my Whiz Wit, but I think I may have found a new love in my life and she's less than 10 minutes away, not an hour.

The bread was soft and seemed fresh. The sandwich is 12 inches for $5.99, which I thought was a very good price. I think most of their stuff is reasonably priced.

Sometimes you get a place that makes a sandwich with too little cheese and the sandwich is dry and has no flavor. The cheese here was just the right amount and nicely melted throughout my sandwich. I would prefer an extra sharp provolone or Cheese Whiz, but this was more than fine.

I had onions and peppers on mine. The unexpected twist is that they're hot peppers. Now, I don't know if they also sprinkle some seasoning on the sandwich too, but it was amazing. Super flavorful throughout every bite. Like fireworks in my mouth.

My Girlfriend had ketchup and mayo on hers, but I opted for their white sauce. This was part of my amazing flavor. I don't know if it's exactly tzatziki sauce or what, but it's my favorite. It's thinner than most of the other white sauces I've had. Maybe it has dill in it. I get some extra every time I go, because I put a lot on.

The only let down is that we got one of the cheese steaks with french fries. They were nothing special. No salt, no flavor, and dry. I ate a few fries in the car and didn't really care for them. I live less than 10 minutes away and by the time I got home the fries were even worse. We didn't finish them.

Last time I was there I had lamb gyros and they were awesome as well. I can't remember what we had the time before that. There's some other stuff on the menu I've been wanting to try, but honestly I'm going back for the cheese steak every time now. It's THAT good if you ask me.

You can find Afghan Kabob and Grill on Route 33 in Trenton, New Jersey. You can see their website (and pictures of the cheese steak) HERE. They're open late. They're Halal friendly. They're also on FACEBOOK, although I wish they gave a coupon every now and then on there.

1 comment:

  1. I had Bolanee Kachalou tonight. It's an appetizer of mashed potato and spices in a fried turnover.

    Excellent! Nicely fried.. the outer part was crispy, like a filo dough (spelling?) and it came with a cilantro sauce.

    ReplyDelete