Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mama Sita's Pang Gisá Sauté



I bought this in a filipino store. It's a little packet of spices including corn starch, cane sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce powder, and some other spices. I don't remember the price, but I'm pretty sure it was under a dollar.

Opening the packet you get the wonderful sweet smell of the spices above.

The directions say to mix some oil with vegetables. Just before they're done you put in the spice mix. I put mine in potato soup I was making and it was awesome.

What's interesting is the packet has a label stuck on the back. It says Sodium 0mg, yet if I peel the label off I see Sodium 50mg. I'm thinking it should have some sodium because the Soy Sauce Powder ingredients say salt.

Either way I'll be buying this again very soon. I want to try it on vegetables next time like it suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment