Monday, August 1, 2011

Blanchard & Blanchard Chili Sauce





I saw this in the Kosher section at Shop-Rite supermarket. It's right across from the pasta and pasta sauces if you're wondering why I was in that aisle. Normally I wouldn't have tried this, but it was on sale for 99 cents, so what the heck. It was 14 ounces. I feel the size was good for the price.

The jar says it complements everything from dips, chicken, tacos, and yes, even soups. I'm not so sure I'd like it on all that.

I put it on hot dogs and smoked sausage. It's alright, but it's not really a chili sauce. It tastes like a sweet and tangy (and a little weird) ketchup. Has a very soupy consistency, so it tends to run off the buns, but if you let it sit a little bit it'll be thicker.

Ingredients: tomato puree, sugar, salt, cinnamon, onion powder, dehydrated onions, spices.


No comments:

Post a Comment