Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thermaltake Contac 30

I recently built a new computer and didn't have much money left over for a CPU cooler. I wanted something decent, but not too pricey. I could have waited until I got paid next week, but I wanted to run this baby now. I settled on a Thermaltake Contact 30. It was $34.99 with a $10 mail-in rebate.


The cooler came with one 120mm blue fan, but you can install another on the other side. The fan is easily removed and put back on. It has rubber anti-vibration mounts. I don't think it needs the second fan. Although, that might depend on how your case is (I'm about to post a review of my new case if you're interested). So, I turned my new computer on and checked the temperature. 40 degrees celcius. After 30 minutes of gaming I'm still at the same temp! I can't say it's all this cooler, it's partially MY CASE and MY CASE FANS.


This CPU will work for both AMD and Intel processors. I'm using it with an AMD Phenom X4 9750 B3, which is 2.4Ghz.

Installation was really easy and painless. Remove the plastic thing around where your CPU goes on the motherboard. Install the plate on the back of the motherboard. It's clearly marked which way for AMD and which way for Intel. You then screw two things on the sides of the CPU. The fan needs to be removed and two little things screwed on to the cooler. After that you can apply your thermal grease and attach this sucker to your CPU. You're then free to put back on the fan.

I was going to try out the Thermaltake Frio, but that's $59.99. Why should I bother, though. I'm extremely happy with this one.

3 comments:

  1. I love this cooler. I have the same case as you and the design of the case works perfectly for this cooler. The cpu fan blows air through the aluminum heatsink fins and then straight out the top through the huge 200mm fan. In the bios using the stock cooler on my i5 it was sitting at 41 celcius, now with this cooler and booted into Windows 7 the cores vary from 25-28 celcius which is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For air that is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thermaltake Cpu Fan Coolers in Uae, Riing Trio Fan Coolers in Uae, 14 RGB Fan Coolers in Uae
    https://pcdubai.com/thermaltake-riing/
    Thermaltake Cpu Fan Coolers in Uae, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery PC Dubai Moneyback Guarantee.
    1633430624975-9

    ReplyDelete