Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Baked Potato

I wanted to make some baked potatoes and this one from Alton Brown delivers. Very simple, very, very tasty. Google it if you must, as I'm at work right now and unable to do so. Just google "the baked potato"  or "alton brown baked potato".

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put rack on the bottom.

Wash/Scrub four Russet potatoes with brush. Dry.

Using a fork poke 8 to 12 holes deep into the potato.

In a bowl coat potatoes with canola oil and sea salt. I personally used white truffle oil, because I love the flavor.

Cook directly on rack for 1 hour until skin becomes crispy and inside is soft. Normally people cover their baked potatoes in foil. Not so with this recipe.

The reviews on Food Network website are very positive. One person says he likes potatoes you get in a restaurant and never eats the skin, but this recipe changed all that. He likes this better and now eats the skin.
I coated two sides of my potato with the sea salt. Because of the oil it sticks very well. The flavor isn't overly salty either.

No comments:

Post a Comment