Saturday, June 12, 2010

Trader Joe's

I've been keeping a list of things I've bought from Aldi and Dollar Tree, so figured I'd start a Trader Joe's post also.

Garlic Naan Bread - 4 pieces for $1.99. Nice strong garlic flavor. You can see the garlic pieces on it. Great price.

Asparagus Risotto - This was in the frozen food section. I forget the price, but I thought it was a good deal.. around three bucks maybe a little more or less. Risotto that cooks in 6 minutes.. awesome. I made it for breakfast with some eggs this morning.

Blue Cheese Slices - I'd never seen these before. I love blue cheese. These have the consistency of monterey jack, but the flavor of both blue and monterey jack. They have that classic blue veins. The flavor of blue cheese could have been stronger, though.

Mini Cheese Tortellini and Mini Ravioli - These come in three different colors in one package.. yellow, orange, and green.. maybe they're regular, tomato, and spinach, but I couldn't tell. Either way they were delicious and I think $1.99. I have never seen them this small. So cute and adorable. The ravioli were more expensive, but just as good. When combined with a side dish, some bread, etc, this made a nice meal for 3 people in my house.

Gimme Lean Sausage from Lightlife - Made from soy, not meat. At first when you open it the texture is kind of doughy and like meatloaf or dog food. Cooked up nicely, but wouldn't crisp up like sausage does. The taste was awesome.. reminded me exactly of breakfast sausage. I actually put it in pasta sauce with some cherry tomatoes and over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment