Sunday, January 31, 2010

O'Boisies Potato Crisps


These used to be made by Keebler and later discontinued. I think Keebler stopped making potato based products. They were recently brought "back by popular demand" through one of my favorite potato chip companies, Inventure Group. These are the guys who make the Poore Brothers brand of chips as well as TGI Fridays brand, both of which I love. They always come up with some new or inventive flavors.

Let me start off by saying, I loooove O'Boisies!!! I always have and these are just like I remember. They come in four flavors:

 

That's Cheddar Sour Cream, Original, Cheddar Jalapeno, and Salt & Pepper up there.The chips themselves aren't exactly slices of potatoes.. they've each got their own individual shape to them. They've got a unique bubbly texture that makes a nice crunch, but isn't hard on my teeth like a kettle cooked chip would be.

Salt & Pepper - Let me start with this one. Hands down, the best Salt & Pepper I've ever tasted! The black pepper is visible on the chips and has a nice strong flavor, but not too overpowering. The salt is just right.. it's not like a "tangy" salt & vinegar chip.

Original - You would think this is plain, but you'd be way off. These have a great mix of spices, with Garlic being a strong player.

Cheddar Sour Cream, Cheddar Jalapeno - The flavor is okay on these two, but if I remember correctly they were a little too salty for my liking. They have a good cheesy flavor, but I felt the sour cream wasn't as sour creamy as it could be and the jalapeno was a bit much. These two flavors may be hindered because of the salt amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment