Saturday, January 2, 2010

J&D's Everything Should Taste Like Bacon

I always look for new things in the supermarket. Did a double take in the spice section when I saw Bacon Salt. It's salt that tastes like bacon! If it wasn't so expensive I'd have bought it the first time. Eventually got around to buying it and it's not bad. It's got a decent flavor, but not exactly that strong of one. I put it in mashed potatoes and didn't find it that noticeable unless I used a lot. My only gripe is that leaving it in my kitchen cabinet the salt got stuck together and needs to be chiseled out with a knife or fork before using again.



They've got 9 flavors now: Original, Hickory, Peppered, Natural, Applewood, Maple, Cheddar, Jalapeno, and Mesquite, but I've only tried Original so far.

Reading about the company on their website, it seems one of them won $5,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos and that funded the company. They decided to make other things taste like bacon also.



Their next product was Baconnaise. Bacon-flavored mayonnaise. I've only had Regular, but they make Lite also. It's freakin incredible!! A little more pricier than regular mayonnaise would be, but well worth it. You can sometimes find it on sale. It's great for when you want bacon flavor, but not the salt from the above product, and I don't think it actually has bacon in it, so anyone can eat it. Their website is right: I never want regular flavored mayonnaise again!



They now make bacon flavored pop corn, bacon and ranch dressing mix, and something called "Mmmvelopes" -- bacon flavored envelopes. I had the idea for flavored envelopes many, many years ago and this sounds great, except for nowadays a lot of people use the peel and seal ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment