Monday, May 28, 2012

Quick Bubble Pizza



This is quick, inexpensive, and tastes really good. Mine took awhile longer because I caramelized some onions, but you can put whatever you want in it.

Ingredients:

2 packs of refrigerated biscuit dough, 6 biscuits each
1 jar pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

At first you'll probably say, "Turkey Seasoning?". Well, the original recipe called for a few bay leaves. The seasoning I used is a blend of rosemary, oregano, sage, ginger, and marjoram. I thought that sounded alright on pizza. You can use whatever you want. Maybe you have some Italian Herb blend laying around.

The biscuit dough was the cheap supermarket brand. Instead of over $2 for one pack, I paid .69 cents! The cheese was on sale for $1.77 or $1.88 (I forget which) and the pizza sauce was under $2 for a 14 ounce jar. The herbs I had already.

Heat the oven according to directions on the biscuit dough package. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. With a sharp knife cut the biscuit dough into 4 triangles and put in a large mixing bowl. Add in the pizza sauce, herbs, and 1.5 cups cheese. You can also mix in toppings if you want. After mixing, put in your baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake according to directions on biscuit dough package. I put mine in for an extra 5 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

I think it came out almost perfect. For next time I think it needs a few dashes of red pepper flakes. In my recipe I had only used one onion, but I think two would be perfect.

Here's a link to the original recipe if you want to see it in a oven safe skillet: Pass The Sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment