Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Italian Rose Salsa Ranch Dip

UPDATE 4/28/12: The company has replied to my post here and I'll post my comment down there. As stated originally I did like the flavor of their product. They explained what the globs were and I've given them another chance. Check out some of their other delicious looking products here: http://www.italian-rose.com/

This review has been a long time coming. I keep putting it off. I had sent an email to the company which went unanswered.

I couldn't find a picture to post here as their website is not working right now.

I was in a Sam's Club and found this. It was a huge container for $4.99 or  $5.99 I believe. I thought it was a great price for the large size.

At first I thought it was very good. The flavor was nice and it was very spicy which I liked. I had it as a dip, but was imagining what else I could use it for.

The next day I decided I'd make some mac and cheese and mix some of the ranch dip in. That's when I saw something that made me not want to ever use this product again!

Big blobs of a "gelatan" like substance. It looked like huge blobs of a clear vaseline like substance. There were two golf ball sized blobs in there! If you've ever seen Mythbusters or something like that, it reminded me of the clear gelatan like material they shoot bullets into.

That was enough to make me throw it out and the food I was cooking.

Is this normal for the product? As of right now I'm not so sure I want to give it another chance, even though part of me wants to have that spicy flavor again.

2 comments:

  1. Yuppicide,

    I am sorry to hear about your troubles with are product. The globs you saw are what we call food binders. Binders are in all sorts of foods we eat everyday. When they are not mixed enough they will " gel " up, creating the globs that you found. I can assure you they will not make you ill but I understand why you wouldn't want to eat them, I too would do the same thing. We have been in business for over 30 years making the highest quality food we possibly can. From time to time we do make mistakes and its honest feed back like yours that helps us improve on are mistakes, so thank you for being honest. I am very un happy to hear that no one responded to your email, there is no excuse. That's not how we do business and I will personally make sure this is taken care of. Could you please tell me whom the email was sent to and when ? I apologize for the inconvenience. Please email me direct at cole@italian-rose.com, we would like to send you some free product for your troubles. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reply and clarification of what the globs were. So, for anyone who read the original post the globs are probably not harmful. I've updated my original post for people to check the replies here. I often forget to check comments on my blog and only got to reading your reply a few days ago. I re-read my original post and am glad I wasn't too mean since I tend to have a potty mouth sometimes when really I'm just overly upset.

    I've since tried your product again and there were no problems. As noted in the original post I do like the flavor.

    I don't know who I sent the email to originally.. it was just through the contact section of your website. I'm not looking for any free products. I should have returned the product to the store, but honestly your reply is enough.

    PS - Can't wait to check out some of your other products as they look delicious. Can't wait to find out where to try the UglyRipe tomato soup and some of your other stuff like Caribbean Sauce, Shallots and Dill, and Oriental.

    ReplyDelete