Saturday, September 24, 2011

Maoz Vegetarian


They only serve one main item on the menu: falafels. They also serve belgian frites, sweet potato fries, and drinks.

First off let's start with their signature item: the falafels. They come three different ways: the regular sandwich (full pita), junior (half pita), or in a plastic container (no pita). They come with lettuce, hummus, and eggplant. You have your choice of about 18 different toppings for free. I don't remember them all, but I saw diced tomatoes, baby beets, cilantro sauce, spicy sauce, tabouleh, salsa, and more. For sauces they had tahini, tzatziki, and some kind of garlic sauce. For an additional fee you can get avacado, hard boiled egg, more eggplant, more hummus, babaganoush, or feta cheese. You can choose white or wheat pita bread.

I had a full sized sandwich and it was packed. Very filling. It had about 5 or 6 falafels in it, a bunch of lettuce, and one slice of eggplant. There might have been onions in it too, I forget. I added avacado. There wasn't much room to add additional toppings, but I did.. cilantro sauce, salsa, and baby beets. I also put a lot of tzatziki sauce on top.


The flavors were awesome. They were the best falafel I've ever had! The only problem was my sauce didn't get to the bottom of the pita, so the bottom ones were dry, but it's not their fault. Falafel is normally dry. Very flavorful and still tasty, though. Next time I'm going to skip the pita and sauce the fuck up!

Next up: the frites. The belgian frites were kind of a let down. They were just crispy, but not as crispy as I think a frite would be. They weren't as thin as a McDonald's fry and I liked that. Holds more sauce and gives you more potato. There was no frite sauce.. only ketchup. I'd say since having frite sauce of some sort I hardly ever use plain ketchup anymore. The sweet potato fries were a little burnt, but still not bad. My Girlfriend liked them better that way. Both could have used a pinch or two of salt. Still good fries, though.

The drinks were good too. They looked store made. I had an Arnold Palmer, which is half iced tea and half lemonade. They also have some pre-packaged sodas and other stuff.

Visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment