Wednesday, August 31, 2011

$1 pizza slices from 7-11



Some locations of 7-11 convenience stores have started to carry more hot prepared foods. Fried chicken, Jamaican patties, pizza, etc.

I like Jamaican patties from just about anywhere I get, but the guy kept trying to up sell and get me to buy more. Every time he'd offer me a slice of pizza for a dollar or telling me to take a whole pizza home. Each time I'd decline. Good pizza cannot possibly come from 7-11!

The other day I decided to give it a try. After all, it's only a dollar and I was a little hungry. Here's my thoughts on the slice:

- Initial comment above was correct. Good pizza does not come from 7-11. It's not something I'd buy again unless I had no other choices.

- Crust was unevenly cooked. Too crunchy in some spots. The back crust, where you hold the pizza from, was doughy.

- Initial bite was a little tasty as there were some herbs sprinkled in, but the herbs don't evenly cover each bite you take. There's a few here and a few there.

- The sauce was not enough in some places.

- Got some crusty pieces of cheese on the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment