Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor

I don't shave very often. I usually let it grow awhile and do a trim here and there with a trimmer. You know the kind that look like they can easily shave your head bald. I'd use an electric razor, but every one I've ever tried hurts and pulls at me.

By electric I mean full electric, not something like the one in this review which operates off battery.
I'm a little skeptical when it comes to buying a new razor. First the Mach3 came out with 3 blades and I had to have it. Then a short time later something came out with 4 blades, then 5 blades, now 6 blades. Each one promises to be better than the last. I really enjoyed the Mach3, but it was time to stop the madness. It was beginning to feel like I'm upgrading my computer to play the latest game. I was tired of upgrading, until now.

I really felt like giving myself a shave. I've been eyeballing the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor since I saw it on TV. I kept going in the store, but couldn't bring myself to spend another $10 on something I probably won't be happy with. I figured it would be another Mach3 clone, but with more blades. I was so wrong!


I picked this up at Walgreens. I don't care for the battery power, but this was cheaper than the one without battery, so of course I'd get this. Plus,  it was like $9.99 or something and you instantly got $5 bucks back to spend on a future purchase. Perfect because I needed to buy some other stuff as well.

First off, I'll start with the negatives, since there aren't many. It only comes with 1 cartridge. While it stated that on the package, I thought it meant the one cartridge attached to the unit and 1 extra. Most of them come with 1 extra.

My only other gripe, which started around when the Mach3 came out is the size of the "head" which holds the blades. If I didn't trim between my two eyebrows I'd have a unibrow. They're hard to fit in there.

Now the positives. This thing rocks!! As I said earlier I let my hair grow. I haven't trimmed it with that electric thing in awhile. Normally this would take me a long time to shave. Pull razor through hair, wash in sink, repeat a million times on the SAME area to get all the hair finally. This thing took the hair off in only a few swipes. The shave is really close too. I'm impressed. My skin feels really smooth.

Shaving on my neck is always a nervous spot for me. Sometimes you catch a hair that gets caught and it hurts. This thing went through it like it was nothing. I even ran the razor in both directions (something I never do because I've had a bad experience going up.. I always go down) and it was a pleasure.

The razor cleans off hairs pretty effortlessly. Other razors hold on to hairs and won't let them go, even after a few swipes. I just did my whole face and the razor hardly has any hairs on it.

Gillette claims "The new Gillette® Fusion® ProGlide™ Razor has re-engineered blades with edges that are thinner than Fusion. They are finished with Gillette’s most advanced low-resistance coating, which allows the blades to glide effortlessly through hair. Providing incredible comfort, even if you shave everyday." and "The redesigned precision trimmer now features an improved blade and anti-clogging rinse slots, useful when shaving in tricky places like under the nose." ---- I'd have to agree with both of those statements. I am happy to shave on a regular basis again and highly recommend this.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a little over a month since I got the razor and I still love it. I think the blades are beginning to show signs of wear and I might replace them soon.

    They're not bad, but not as nice as when I got them. I think I can wait to find a good deal on blades.

    ReplyDelete