Saturday, January 29, 2011

Port Wine Biscuits




I don't know if the company who makes these is in business anymore, as the website listed on their box does not work, but you can find these for sale online and in Joe C Anal's liquor store. They were $1.49 for a 2 ounce package and right at the checkout counter.

At first I was thinking the box is a little small, but then I figure I like port wine flavored cheese, so these should be good. There's actually a bunch of little cookies in there. At first taste they are like a bland butter cookie, and you might not like them. At first I didn't like them. After you're done eating there's a spicy after note courtesy of pepper, which I enjoyed.

I'm up in the air as to if I'd buy more. I love pepper and it's my only reason for wanting more. Reading the ingredients I see cheddar cheese, port wine extract, sun dried tomatoes, and pepper as the stuff worth noting, but I get none of the flavors except pepper.

The box above is not what mine looked like, but the colors are similar. Searching online you can get  the above 7 ounce package for $2.75 plus shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment